As I mentioned in my about me text, I like to run … fast. Some time ago it was just a meditative recursion but now I am addicted.
My first half marathon in my life turned out to be a success. Placed as 42th of around 1000 on a very nice sunny Sunday in Augsburg, Bavaria. Finishing time: 1:33:45
Last Sunday the 25th of June at 08.00 am in the early morning I participated in the town run in Munich. Over 20000 enthusiastic people took part in this competition. My target was to beat the 1:30h but … not yet. In the end I finished with 1:32:10 which is an improvement nevertheless. The sunglasses were obsolete, very rainy and cold.
That’s what my contest preparation looks like:
- running 3-4 times per week about 20km. Sometimes rope jumping at the end.
- Split training of various muscles with dumbbells and a professional adjustable bench about 4 times per week. (Ironmaster)
- 2 times per week stretching and basic yoga exercise.
- Cycling every day about 10km to work, if the weather tolerates that.
- Sporadic swimming a bunch of 100meters in lakes or open air baths.
- Once a week bouldering with friends.
- Slow juiced vegetable and fruit juice. A balanced and healthy nutrition – most of the time 🙂