reporting back from the walking dead.
Unfortunately I suffered from a ankle injury on the side of my right foot. This nasty cutback didn’t heal as fast as I expected maybe I escalated too hard on the treadmill.
Luckily I was able to recover but had to drastically reduce my training workload. That’s why I didn’t report for almost three months. I am thrilled that I am back very refreshed and hungry for new personal records.
Continue reading “Running Report May 2020 – Defy Unforeseen Changes and Adapt”
this is the monthly report for January 2020 focusing on the areas I was able to improve or gathered new insights.
The purpose of this monthly report is on the one hand to serve as personal diary to reflect and digest and on the other hand to share my experience and motivate others.
Ultimately I am able to announce new goals and a confirmed participation at two huge events in 2020. Furthermore I will dive deeper why I am doing this and what the domains of preparation will be like from my current point of view.
Continue reading “My stunning sport events for 2020”
As I mentioned in my about me text, I like to run … fast. Some time ago it was just a meditative recursion but now I am addicted.
My first half marathon in my life turned out to be a success. Placed as 42th of around 1000 on a very nice sunny Sunday in Augsburg, Bavaria. Finishing time: 1:33:45
Last Sunday the 25th of June at 08.00 am in the early morning I participated in the town run in Munich. Over 20000 enthusiastic people took part in this competition. My target was to beat the 1:30h but … not yet. In the end I finished with 1:32:10 which is an improvement nevertheless. The sunglasses were obsolete, very rainy and cold.
That’s what my contest preparation looks like:
- running 3-4 times per week about 20km. Sometimes rope jumping at the end.
- Split training of various muscles with dumbbells and a professional adjustable bench about 4 times per week. (Ironmaster)
- 2 times per week stretching and basic yoga exercise.
- Cycling every day about 10km to work, if the weather tolerates that.
- Sporadic swimming a bunch of 100meters in lakes or open air baths.
- Once a week bouldering with friends.
- Slow juiced vegetable and fruit juice. A balanced and healthy nutrition – most of the time 🙂